Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Stuff White People Like

Monday evening I went straight from work to Chili's to eat dinner with Scott, Sarah, and Billy.  I didn't have time to change before going to dinner, and I was running a few minutes behind, so I parked, hopped out of my car in my business attire, and rushed inside to meet my friends.  During a brief lull in conversation, Scott piped up with "I'm going to address the elephant in the room.  Is it just me, or does Jenna get perpetually whiter with age?"

At first I thought Scott was commenting on my smooth ivory complexion, but then I realized he was referring to my personality.

"What makes you say that?" I asked, curious as to what brought this comment on.

"Jenna," Sarah responded, "you accidentally brought your brief case into the restaurant with you."

I looked on the floor beside me.  So I had.

Then Scott added, "And earlier in the conversation, you called 'dubs' on something instead of 'dibs.'"

"And what about your recent infatuation with brunch?"  Mmmmm, brunch.

"How often do you visit Starbucks and Panera Bread?"  Sarah added.

"Since when did it become a crime to enjoy a warm breakfast pastry and a cup of hazelnut coffee?" I retorted.

"And didn't you mention the other day that you'd like to learn to play the banjo or the fiddle?"

Okay, okay.  You've made your point, you bunch of racists.

Brief silence.

"Do you like the band Fun.?"  Billy asked.

2 comments:

  1. FYI, Seattle was voted the number 1 city white people like. You should come visit sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I most certainly will. Mostly because you live there though!

      Delete