Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Wizarding World of My Dreams

I woke up this morning to a stark realization.  I have not yet been to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

Is this what the gate to Heaven looks like?  
Picture: BARCROFT MEDIA
I started my period the same year I read the newly released "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone."  Which was the bigger milestone?  I can't be sure.  Those magical coming of age books changed my life.  And you can roll your eyes and make fun of me all you want.  Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never decrease my affinity for Harry Potter.

So what if I want to drink a butterbeer with Hagrid in the Three Broomsticks?  It's a free country.  What does a cauldron cake actually taste like?  I don't know, but I want to find out.  Fly on a Hippogriff?  Don't mind if I do!  The theme park of my dreams exists, and I haven't even had the common decency to take myself yet.  I'm a dick.

This is about to change.  I will go to Universal Studios this summer.  I will see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.  And if you are nice, I might even send you a letter via Owl Post.

Oh, and you have you seen this?  2012 Olympics... with Quidditch?  What dorks!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. If I ever run for office, that will be my slogan!

      Delete
  2. Um, if you remember, you are NOT allowed to do this without me. We agreed.

    ReplyDelete