Pages

Friday, August 24, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday (3)

Conversion Diary Link
(1)

I recently discovered the "rant and rave" section on the local craigslist.  It is a great place to check out reviews of local restaurants.  For example, here is an insightful critique of Mama Rosa's Pizzeria that was posted just this week:

"Okay on being fare I got to this restaurant at 2:pm the buffett closes at 2:30pm, Buffet cost 7.50 it has salads,and a Itlalian theme,why pinto beans on it still trying to figure it out,by the time we got there it was dried up,so not much but they did make a new lasagane for me and to be honest it was very good, Now the bread sucks ,wait staff was ok but there new and there making there way,but they have to get there act together real quick,before they hit game time"

Another eye-opening review discusses the quality of the food at Barboursville's Tudors Biscuit World:

"Worst breakfast I have ever been served! 1st. everything was cold except coffee. 2nd. ask for crispy bacon and got half cooked limber fatty kind. 3rd. one egg looked like it had already been eated once and other was cooked hard. Your cook really needs a lesson on kitchen skills.  I guess when you have a monopoly there thats how we are treated. Hello McDonalds!"

I'm thankful for the heads up.  I hate half-cooked limber bacon, and I absolutely loathe once-eated eggs.  

(2)

I am going to Salem, Massachusetts for Halloween with my friend Sarah and her in-laws.  I have been working diligently on my costume, which is supposed to represent what I want in the new year.  We are currently trying to decide which Halloween ball to attend.  If you have been to Salem for Halloween before, please give us some suggestions!

(3)

It's official.  My new favorite dessert is Baskin Robbins's turtle pie.  Its name is misleading, as it has little to nothing to do with turtles, but it is simply delightful.

She's my turtle pie, cool drink of water such a sweet surprise
Tastes so good makes a grown man cry, sweet turtle pie.
(4)

I won first honorable mention in the WV Writer's short poetry contest for a poem I wrote titled "A Wino's Triolet."  It's a start, right?

(5)

I love it when people take charge with plans.  No indecision, just "Hey, this is what's going on.  Wanna come?"  My friend Emily is excellent at doing this, as can be seen by our texts below:

What?  Games and Revelry.
When?  Saturday night.
Where?  Her place.
Bam.
(6)

My niece, Lola, is starting 2-year-old ballet.  Her little leotards are almost too cute for words.

Precious!
(7)

Speaking of Lola, I will close with this, a video of her flirting with another toddler using her stellar dance moves:

3 comments:

  1. Do you think your niece can do some one-on-one dance lessons? I need to update my skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lola would love to teach you! Dance is something she feels very passionately about.

      Delete
  2. Congrats for your poem. Where should I go so I can read it?

    ReplyDelete