Pages

Friday, October 5, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday (8)

Link up with Jen

(1)

First, I want to apologize for missing 7 Quick Takes Friday last week.  I failed you all, and I'll be the first to admit it.  I am coming to you, tail betwixt my legs, to say I am sorry and that I will do better.

(2)

Sometimes my husband has to work overnight at the hospital.  On these days I do things that some might call pathetic.  For example, tonight I made pasta for one and ate it alone on my couch.  Last week I took artistic photos with my best canine friend.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

To make matters worse, I just spilled my drink all over the couch.  Cue Benny Hill music.

(3)

Last Saturday, I spent the afternoon volunteering with my friends at the local Greek Festival.  We made the world a better place one delicious baklava sundae at a time.

Love at first bite.
(4)

Apparently working at the Greek Fest means you get invited to swanky festive after-parties.  

Me and my wonderful friend, Anna, at the after-party!

Anna and I were fortunate enough to run into my college pal, Ben.  I tried to get a picture with Ben.  It is debatable whether our picture attempts were a disaster or a great success.



Third try was a charm?
Anyway, lots of fun was had, which makes sense because I spent the evening with a fantastic group of people.

(5)

While shopping for my niece's birthday present, I came across this at Toys-R-Us.  It is a $400 Barbie Cadillac Hybrid Escalade EXT.  Thank goodness there is a full-size luxury SUV for toddlers that doesn't guzzle gasoline.  I wonder how many MPG it gets on the highway.

No, I didn't buy it.
I looked this beauty up on the Toys-R-US website.  It states: "The premium sound system features a real FM radio and sound-boosting rear speakers. It also features see-through windows, a battery charge indicator on the dash, chrome wheels and grille, doors that open and close and more."

That's pretty pimp.  Or whatever it is toddlers say these days.

(6)

Last week my niece, Lola, was having problems with her asthma.  She brought my dad a book to read her while we were visiting.  He read it to her and her pink "Ya-Ya Bear " (as Lola calls it).  He did voices for her like he used to do for me when I was little.  I thought it was super sweet.

Two of my favorite people in the whole world.
(7)

I started my healthcare compliance job today.  I love it!  Everyone was so nice, I stayed busy, and the work is really interesting.  I'm going to be working there three days a week now, and I couldn't be more excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment