Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Willy Wonka and the Mega Millions Jackpot

I'll admit it.  I jumped on the bandwagon and bought a Mega Millions ticket.  At the psychic party I attended several weeks ago, I was given lottery numbers.  I have been saving those numbers for a day when it felt right.  That day is today.


Here's my ticket.  I marked out all of the numbers so
that you can't steal them.  I don't want to share.
You might be saying to yourself, "you aren't going to win, and neither am I."  What if Charlie Bucket had that defeatist attitude?  He might never have taken Grandpa Joe on that whimsical factory tour that delighted all of our hearts.  Worse yet, he might have continued eating cabbage water for every meal until he, too, was forced to share a bed with the old and infirm.


Not even the muscle atrophy that accompanies being
bedridden for 20 years could keep Grandpa Joe away!
Which leads me to my next point: if I win the jackpot, I am going to buy the 1971 film "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory."  I might even splurge and get it on Blu-ray.  I just can't get enough of that Gene Wilder.

No comments:

Post a Comment